These are a super hit! I got bored with some of the traditional recipes and got creative with these chocolate treats. These fudgy, loaded squares will have you asking for more.
Okay so I have to confess I started these from a box mix. I used Duncan Hines chocolate chunk brownie mix. I substituted real butter for the oil and added some more chocolate chips to the mix. It had both chocolate chips and chunks in the mix already. Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownies 18.3oz Family Size – 2 Boxes by Duncan Hines
1 Duncan Hines Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Real melted butter in place of oil
Eggs as called for by mix
1 tub Chocolate Frosting
1/3 cup Reese’s chips
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
3 Tbsp Salted Carmel topping
1 – 2 Tbsp warm water for Carmel
Hershey’s chocolate syrupWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
- Substitute butter for the oil, and add 1/4 cup more chocolate chips. Bake in 13 x 9 pan and allow to cool.
- Heat Chocolate frosting about a minute in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
- Using an offset spatula to evenly cover the brownies.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup chopped pecans.
- Add 1/3 cup Reese’s chips sprinkled evenly over top.
- Drizzle with Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
- Spoon warmed Carmel topping across brownies. You may need to dilute Carmel if too thick to drizzle. Just mix with a tablespoon or two of warm water.