Ingredients2 lbs minced beef or chuck
1 medium yellow onion diced
1/2 medium bell pepper chopped
2 Roma tomatoes diced
Sour cream (we like Daisy in squeezeable application)
Chucky salsa (we like taco bell mild)
1 – 16oz fiesta blend shredded cheese
Guacamole if desired
1 lg bag Tostitos Scoops (you can use any kind of totilla chip you prefer these just make handy cups)
2 pkg McCormick Taco seaoningChopped jalapeno, black olives, melted cheese sauce, are optional.
You can make to many variations to list, including chicken, steak, salsa verde, lime, and anything else you can dream up. I make mine like our family taco night.Farberware 22001 Buena Cocina Deep Nonstick Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Helper Handle – 12 Inch, Black. by Farberware
- In medium pan, brown ground meat.
- Drain excess fat
- Add 1/2 cup water and taco seasoning stirring well to coat meat.
- Continue over medium heat until water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Chop or dice vegetables as needed. I found a few great shortcuts if there is no one around to help. You can get shredded iceberg lettuce like the restaurants use in the produce section at your local Walmart. If I don’t have the time the also have pico de gallo instead of dicing onions and tomatoes yourself. They add cilantro and typically Serano peppers.
- Spread chips or cups on big tray.
- Evenly sprinkle with cooked, seasoned meat, vegetables, cheese and toppings as desired.
- Feeding a diverse crew? Set everything up and let them add their choices as they like them. This concept also works well for parties and game days too.
virgin or real margarita and maybe Tres Leche cake for dessert.
- adult adult beverage adults Amazon appetizer avocado beef bell peppers best friends big game black olives celebrate celebration cheese cheese sauce chicken children chili cilantro Cinco de Mayo comfort food Daisy sour cream delicious dinner Doritos easy eat fajita-style family fiesta food fresh friend friends frozen margarita game day eats game-day favorites green chilies groceries grocery grocery shopping ground round guacamole healthy hearty herb herbs Holiday holidays Homemade jalapeno jalapeno peppers Jimmy buffet keto lettuce like loaded nachos lunch margarita margaritas Margaritaville McCormick nacho nachos onion party food peach frozen margarita pick de gallo salsa salsa verde serrano peppers sour cream steak taco Taco Bell tomato tortilla chips Tostitos scoops Walmart